Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

1. Email from a new client:

Next week is my last week and I would like to know if I can continue working with you. My progress has been more than I ever could have expected and I am thrilled. You provide encouragement and the “mental push” (ok, sometimes a big ole’ mental shove) I need in a way that allows me to learn. My goal is to be able to walk away with good knowledge (and confidence) of each exercise so I can continue on........

2. I was asked to write a bit about choosing whole grains:

Most people (overweight and obese) don't handle a carbohydrates all that well because of the simple fact of what they do to your blood sugar levels. (Most bodybuilders actually increase their carbohydrate intake while trying to put on weight) A rise in your blood sugar levels leads to a spike followed by a drop, leading to your metabolism not only slowing down but you itching you get some more food into your mouth! There are even donut and cereal products claiming to be whole grain!

Good one, show me the ingredients please


A better choice is to eat carbs (along with other simple sugars) after a workout. Your body actually needs and wants these carbohydrates post workout to start the recovery process. (A even better choice is Cytofuse which contains the quickest form of carbs immediately starting the recovery process) There are a few choices of carbs that are actually "whole grain"; old-fashioned or steel-cut oats, amaranth, quinoa, wild rice and sprouted organic whole grain products (like Ezekiel).

A great article was wrote about The Safe Carbs - Whole Grains

3. There a many reasons to eat your vegetables. An interesting perspective: Covering Your Nutrition Acids (And Bases)

4. I think eating before bedtime (1-2 hours) has got a bad rep. Your body benefits greatly from having muscle mass. Our goal should be a stay away from a muscles wasting (catabolic) state. To prevent this we need some protein before bedtime. A great choice being:

Cottage Cheese and/or blend of proteins like that in Ultra Peptide.

5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I was told I don't need to worry getting old till I turn 25. Guess I have another year till I have to worry.

No comments: