Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fantastic Friday

1. Things at my group classes in West Liberty were a bit more intense the last couple weeks:

OMG! My arms and shoulders are sore... the good sore you know... love it when I feel that way!!!

Is it me, or are you stepping things up a bit for the class in the last month or so? I don't mind, I like it!

2. Part two of my article was published and can be found HERE

3. Pretty impressive for a 61 year old.

4. Again I heard someone say this morning how safe stationary machines are. In particular machine squats vs. free squats. How often in real life do you use a squat/deadlift motion to pick something up and don't have to worry about falling to the side or front/back? Not to mention this individual was walking around the gym with a lifting belt. Wow.

5. This morning I did something I haven't done since I've been in the "real world" :) I forgot to set my alarm to an earlier time and woke up at the time I usually leave to drive to work. I made it on time but didn't get a chance to make breakfast. Good thing I had some beef jerky, almonds, and a protein shake/bar in my car. Be ready yourself for times like these. Skipping meals/breakfast more importantly, is one of the worst things you can do for your body.

No comments: