Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thursday

1. I should have a new car (well used) by mid next week. You should get paid to pick out a car, I'd be a millionare if that was the case with all the time it takes to actully decide on one.

2. I was asked whats a good exercise to build your triceps. This may be a hard one to grasp for some people and simple for others. You don't need to do isolation exercises for the tricep to build your tricep. Same thing for the biceps. I can't tell you the last time I did a tricep extension or a bicep curl.

To answer the qeustion, a push up. Most people need a closed chain exercise to perform without pain. If a bodyweight push up is to easy add some weight to your back. There is more to a push up technique wise than one may think. Elbows should ALWAYS be in (tricep push ups as people at my gym like to call them), brace your glutes and abdominals, head looking at ground, chest should hit first not your hips, and most importantly think of pulling the ground up toward you as you lower (eccentric) yourself to the ground. You should feel your upper back pull down and back as you lower, promoting scapular stability.

3. I was told earlier this week I look like Dwayne Johnson or "The Rock".

I'm way better looking!

4. I have a name for my business I hope to be up and going in the next 5 years, Feldman Performance. I'm in the process of getting a logo made and a website up and going within the next month or so for the website. A bit exciting.

5. We'll end of an email I recieved early this week:

I am very happy with the workouts and with the results I'm having!
Just this weekend I got a lot of compliments from friends on how I look! It feels so good to know others are noticing the changes. Of course is all because of a great trainer like you pushing us hard to do what we have to do.

I know I still have a long way to go, and believe me, I just want to keep going. I am feeling great about myself right now, but I want to feel greater!!

Thanks a bunch for all you do for me and the patience you've had. You make those workouts be so much fun!!


Things like this make my day, I love this job.

No comments: