Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

1. I love group classes. You can learn so much in a group class just because of the simple fact of you have so many situations to "deal" with or just plain do your job as a trainer. I've had people with ankle replacements where their ankles are immovable to people who first start doing a squat look like they are going to fall forward onto their face. Should people like this be in a group class, no but you can only do get so many people to see the benefits of individual training. Situations like this make you be "quick on your feet" and really helps you become a better trainer by coming up with modifications for certain individuals.

Then I have group classes back in my home town, which I explain to people as a little hole in the wall gym. Not that isn't not nice (it's actually very nice for a small town) but I'm spoiled with all the equipment I have to choose from where I do most of my work. It really makes you appreciate body weight training and how affective it can be if used correctly.

2. I hate snow and cold weather.


Nice weather come back

3. The snatch grip deadlift is great. My upper back and glutes haven't been this sore in a while.

4. I heard a guy talking about how his shoulder was bothering him the other day. Now this guy has some of the worst internally rotated shoulders not to mention the true problem down the chain at the hips that gives him a limp when he walks. Makes me wonder if some people buy one shoe at a time from all the pounding the one shoe gets from the limping. Anyway, I just hear this guy tell someone how his shoulder hurts when proceeds to complete a set of cable crossover flies. The kicker, about 1o minutes later he is pounding out some dumbbell flies. In between sets you would think he trying to rub a whole through his shirt with all the rubbing he is doing on his shoulder.

Please stop doing an exercise if it there is pain! There's a reason the movement hurts. Find a professional such as a Physical Therapist or Personal Trainer who can help get you back to pain free movement. Not to mention recommendations on contraindicated movements to your condition.

5.I love canned pumpkin.

Oh So Good

6. Do NOT stop eating healthy fat if you are trying to loose fat. There's a reason it's a macro nutrient. Your body needs it! It's more then likely that cake you've had for "dessert" for the past 10 years. If anything the macro nutrient carbohydrate is making you fat.



Good Carb


"But it has nuts, they're good for you aren't they?"

No comments: